Fundamentals Of Tabletop Roleplaying
A downloadable book
Fundamentals Of Tabletop Roleplaying is just what it says on the tin - a run-through of what happens in a tabletop roleplaying game. It includes:
- A clear description of the very basics of back & forth narration.
- A breakdown of the parts of a game: The basic practices, setting, premise, character, situation, and rules engine.
- Quick notes on setting up for play.
- Starting guidelines on creating and presenting fictional situations.
- Advice for everyone on getting a good game.
- An introduction to safety tools - what they are and why you want them.
Fundamentals is something for experienced tabletop gamers to review from time to time, and a carefully considered what is roleplaying?" to direct new hobby entrants to, as a good first place to start.