Situations For Tabletop Roleplaying
A downloadable project
Situations For Tabletop Roleplaying is a compilation of ten situation-building tools. Those situation-builders are:
- Long Knives is used to create situations for intrigue that the characters are tied to.
- Broken Places builds situations where a villain of some sort has taken over an organization.
- The Quest is used to generate adventures that will take the characters out on significant journeys
- Transgression is a generator for social movements and the resistance to those movements.
- Predator Souls is a means for making monster-hunting scenarios for your games.
- The Estate assists in creating estates that characters can acquire, trouble included.
- The Devils We Know is for situations where one evil keeps another contained.
- Expeditions covers journeys by multiple means, into odd places, to seek something (the fill-in-the-blanks sheet for this has been available for some time; this updated version includes an article on using it and examples).
- One Of Us is for when a player character is infected by some manner of changed being; vampire, lycanthrope, or something stranger.
- Futurity is for covering situations where something new has been invented, and things are about to get troublesome around that.
- Situations Update: 2022aJan 15, 2022
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
This is a fantastic collection of tools!
I do have a question, though. On page 3 it states:
However, I don't see anything like that in the PDF which ends with the Open Folio and the License.
Any chance there's an update coming to provide the discussion mentioned above? It sounds like it would be a really useful section, and I'm curious to see your ideas on how to combine various situations together.
Yeah, that's a reference to a chapter that never got out of draft, (it's still bubbling on the back burner, but didn't cook up for this version).
It may well appear eventually, but... Yeah.
Thanks for the reply!
Your ideas are great, so I look forward to reading the chapter if you ever get it finished.
Just to let you know : someone did Harm and Complications, which remind me of Stakes for Schema / RPG. https://groe.itch.io/harm-complications
Keep up the steady work!